Friday, August 14, 2009

MOVIES, MOVIES, & MORE

Last night I went with a couple of friends and saw District 9 at the Arclight in Sherman Oaks. This movie is set up like a documentary of some sort but it was good and bloody. It had everything from annoying Nigerians that you see in Japan(If you've been to Japan you know exactly what I'm talking about hahaha) to exploding bodies(both human and alien). I'm pretty sure that WETA did the effects for this movie and the effects were pretty damn good. Go check it out.

Also what's opening this weekend is "The Goods" with Jeremy Piven. I'm looking forward to watching this movie because it reminds me so much of the cult classic "Used Cars" with Kurt Russell. If you haven't seen "Used Cars", do yourself a favor and go see it and then go see "The Goods".

If you love comedy and if you're in the Los Angeles/Orange County Area, D.L. Hughley will be performing tonight and this weekend at The Brea Improve. I've always wanted to see one of his stands up. I'm going to try to make it out this weekend to catch one of his shows.

No comments: