Friday, June 13, 2008

the weekend plan

It's Saturday morning. Ed and I didn't get in until 5am this morning. I wake early when I'm in different environments which means that I only slept for 3.5 hours. Yesterday we went to Blue Mountain which is an hour and a half south of Sydney. Liz who drove us there was telling us about the nearest snow resort. That's about another hour and a half away from Blue Mountain. I'm itching to go snowboarding out here, but after she told me the cost of a lift ticket and a season pass, it was so not worth my time. Lift tickets average $180 and a season pass is $3,ooo. I would pay $80 anytime back home. All I have to say is that it was fucking cold and windy. It had to be high 30s and partly sunny (hahaha). We took the steep stair case down to and walked to the other side of the mountain. The walk took us about 2 hours. We really didn't want walk back up, because we would be dead and frozen.

the 3 sisters @ Blue mountain
We had an early dinner before heading back to Sydney. The place where ate was a nice spot, but the people in there seemed off. It was like being the called "The Village." The waiter started to ask us questions. That was cool until we stopped talking and he just stood there looking at us. Have you ever had a conversation and it ended so there's a pause almost like an uncomfortable silence. Then you start to talk again so things don't feel awkward? That's what it felt like.

Later that night we got back around 9pm and we picked up Jo from the train station and we went to Mike's place. We were there for a little bit, then we went into the city where the clubs were. We went to go meet up with one of the guys we met the other night because it was his birthday. Here's the thing that SUCKS about Sydney. About 90% of the clubs have a stupid dress code. They call it smart casual which means collared shirts and dress shoes. I for one find it odd to rip the dance floor wearing dress shoes. The bouncer's wouldn't let Ed and I in because we were in t-shirts and fly kicks. We found a spot that was lame and then we bounced around for a bit longer and ended right back at Pontoon. They were playing hip hop and RnB. We were there for a good 20 mins. and the place closed. At least they ended the night with N.E.R.D.'s new song. After that went to a place called Pancakes on The Rocks. It was like a 24hr IHOP. Ed as usual gets nothing but sugar food. We were there clowning around and making fun of each other.

Today we are about to get ready and go to Central Coast and stay up or down there until Wednesday. It should be fun :)

This could be the last blog of the trip, because I'm not sure if I'm going to have Internet access anymore. If you guys don't see any new post don't worry. I'll see you guys when I get back. pics coming soon. :D


Waiting for Liz to pick us up and we see the kid in the middle rocking the biggest flood I've ever seen.

I ordered a Long Island iced tea and I got this. Long Island iced tea's aren't blue. Plus the bartender added the coke first.
Ed and I at Pancake on The Rocks (Ed after 2 White Russians: it had 3/4 milk).

1 comment:

G said...

lol@ the biggest flood